GHIG regards its work to be of the highest quality and submits to peer-review as often as possible. We have been honored to co-author with distinguished institutions and organizations in high impact journals.
Peer Review Publications:
- Diagnostics in the response to antimicrobial resistance. Peeling RW, Boeras D, Gadde R, Fongwen N. Lancet Infect Dis. 2020 Aug;20(8):899-900.
- The potential for quality assurance systems to save costs and lives: the case of early infant diagnosis of HIV. Terris-Prestholt F, Boeras D, Ong JJ, Torres-Rueda S, Cassim N, Mbengue MAS, Mboup S, Mwau M, Munemo E, Nyegenye W, Odhiambo CO, Dabula P, Sandstrom P, Sarr M, Simbi R, Stevens W, Tucker J, Vickerman P, Ciaranello A, Peeling RW. Trop Med Int Health. 2020 Aug 1.
- Need for sustainable biobanking networks for COVID-19 and other diseases of epidemic potential. Rosanna W Peeling, Debrah Boeras, Annelies Wilder-Smith, Amadou Sall, John Nkengasong. Lancet Infect Dis. 2020 Jul 24;S1473-3099(20)30461-8.
- Serology testing in the COVID-19 pandemic response. Peeling RW, Wedderburn CJ, Garcia PJ, Boeras D, Fongwen N, Nkengasong J, Sall A, Tanuri A, Heymann DL. Lancet Infect Dis. 2020 Jul 17:S1473-3099(20)30517-X.
- ZikaPLAN: addressing the knowledge gaps and working towards a research preparedness network in the Americas.Glob Health Action. Wilder-Smith A, Preet R, Brickley EB, Ximenes RAA, Miranda-Filho DB, Turchi Martelli CM, Araújo TVB, Montarroyos UR, Moreira ME, Turchi MD, Solomon T, Jacobs BC, Villamizar CP, Osorio L, de Filipps AMB, Neyts J, Kaptein S, Huits R, Ariën KK, Willison HJ, Edgar JM, Barnett SC, Peeling R, Boeras D, Guzman MG, de Silva AM, Falconar AK, Romero-Vivas C, Gaunt MW, Sette A, Weiskopf D, Lambrechts L, Dolk H, Morris JK, Orioli IM, O’Reilly KM, Yakob L, Rocklöv J, Soares C, Ferreira MLB, Franca RFO, Precioso AR, Logan J, Lang T, Jamieson N, Massad E. 2019;12(1):1666566.
- Use of an Indeterminate Range in HIV Early Infant Diagnosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Luo R, Boeras D, Broyles LN, Fong Y, Hsiao NY, Kiyaga C, Mazanderani AH, Myer L, Shapiro R, Sherman G, Penazzato M, Doherty M, Vojnov L. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2019 Nov 1;82(3):281-286.
- REASSURED diagnostics to inform disease control strategies, strengthen health systems and improve patient outcomes. Land KJ, Boeras DI, Chen XS, Ramsay AR, Peeling RW. Nat Microbiol. 2019 Jan;4(1):46-54.
- Assuring the quality of diagnostic testing: The future is now. John Nkengasong, Debrah I. Boeras, Alash’le Abimiku, Rosanna W. Peeling. African Journal of Laboratory Medicine; Vol 5, No 2 (2016), 2 pages. doi: 10.4102/ajlm.v5i2.558. Published: 17 October 2016
- Diagnostic accuracy of tests to detect hepatitis B surface antigen: a systematic review of the literature and meta-analysis. Ali Amini, Olivia Varsaneux, Helen Kelly, Weiming Tang, Wen Chen, Debrah I. Boeras, Jane Falconer, Joseph D. Tucker, Roger Chou, Azumi Ishizaki, Philippa Easterbrook and Rosanna W. Peeling. BMC Infectious Diseases2017 17(Suppl 1):698. Published on: 1 November 2017
- Diagnostic accuracy of tests to detect Hepatitis C antibody: a meta-analysis and review of the literature. Weiming Tang, Wen Chen, Ali Amini, Debi Boeras, Jane Falconer, Helen Kelly, Rosanna Peeling, Olivia Varsaneux, Joseph D. Tucker and Philippa Easterbrook. BMC Infectious Diseases2017 17(Suppl 1):695. Published on: 1 November 2017
- The future of viral hepatitis testing: innovations in testing technologies and approaches. Rosanna W. Peeling, Debrah I. Boeras, Francesco Marinucci and Philippa Easterbrook. BMC Infectious Diseases 2017 17(Suppl 1):699. Published on: 1 November 2017
- External quality assurance for HIV point-of-care testing in Africa: A collaborative country-partner approach to strengthen diagnostic services. Debrah I. Boeras, Rosanna W. Peeling. African Journal of Laboratory Medicine | Vol 5, No 2 | a556 | Published:17 October 2016
- The WHO AFRO external quality assessment programme (EQAP): Linking laboratory networks through EQA programmes. Debrah I. Boeras, Rosanna W. Peeling, Philip Onyebujoh, Ali A. Yahaya, Hieronyma N. Gumede-Moeletsi, Jean B. Ndihokubwayo. African Journal of Laboratory Medicine | Vol 5, No 2 | a560 |
17 October 2016
- The impact of digital technologies on point-of-care diagnostics in resource-limited settings. Natasha Gous, Debrah I. Boeras, Ben Cheng, Jeff Takie, Brad Cunningham & Rosanna W. Peeling.Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics, Volume 18 – Issue 4. Published:17 October 2016
- Re-imagining the future of diagnosis of Neglected Tropical Diseases. Rosanna W. Peeling, Debrah I. Boeras, John Nkengasong. Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal. Volume 15, 2017, Pages 271–274.
- Implementation science: the laboratory as a command centre. Boeras DI, Nkengasong JN, Peeling RW. Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2017 Mar;12(2):171-174.
- Early antiretroviral therapy initiation: access and equity of viral load testing for HIV treatment monitoring. Peter T, Ellenberger D, Kim AA, Boeras D, Messele T, Roberts T, Stevens W, Jani I, Abimiku A, Ford N, Katz Z, Nkengasong JN. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017 Jan;17(1):e26-e29.
- Access and Quality of HIV-Related Point-of-Care Diagnostic Testing in Global Health Programs. Fonjungo PN, Boeras DI, Zeh C, Alexander H, Parekh BS, Nkengasong JN. Clin Infect Dis. 2016 Feb 1;62(3):369-74.
- Monitoring the Quality of HIV-1 Viral Load Testing through a Proficiency Testing Program Using Dried Tube Specimens in Resource-Limited Settings. Nguyen S, Ramos A, Chang J, Li B, Shanmugam V, Boeras D, Nkengasong JN, Yang C, Ellenberger D. J Clin Microbiol. 2015 Apr;53(4):1129-36. doi: 10.1128/JCM.02780-14. Epub 2015 Jan 21.
- Indeterminate and discrepant rapid HIV test results in couples’ HIV testing and counselling centres in Africa. Boeras DI, Luisi N, Karita E, McKinney S, Sharkey T, Keeling M, Chomba E, Kraft C, Wall K, Bizimana J, Kilembe W, Tichacek A, Caliendo AM, Hunter E, Allen S. J Int AIDS Soc. 2011 Apr 8;14:18.
- Evolution of HLA-B*5703 HIV-1 escape mutations in HLA-B*5703-positive individuals and their transmission recipients.Crawford H, Lumm W, Leslie A, Schaefer M, Boeras D, Prado JG, Tang J, Farmer, P, Ndung’u T, Lakhi S, Gilmour J, Goepfert P, Walker BD, Kaslow R, Mulenga J, Allen S, Goulder PJ, Hunter E. J Exp Med. 2009 Apr 13;206(4):909-21.
- Revolutionizing HIV Healthcare Delivery Through Rapid and Point‐of‐Care Testing. Catherine J. Wedderburn, Debrah I. Boeras, Rosanna W. Peeling. Revolutionizing Tropical Medicine: Point‐of‐Care Tests, New Imaging Technologies and Digital Health. Chapter 4. 31 May 2019. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/9781119282686.ch4
- The Use of Drones in the Delivery of Rural Healthcare. Debrah I. Boeras, Blanche C. Collins, Rosanna W. Peeling. Chapter 35. 31 May 2019. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781119282686.ch35
- Rosanna Peeling and Debrah Boeras. Diagnostic Innovation for Antimicrobial Resistance. AMR Control 2016. Jul 11, 2016. http://resistancecontrol.info/diagnostics/diagnostic-innovation-for-antimicrobial-resistance/
- Key Considerations for Introducing New HIV Point-of-Care Diagnostic Technologies in National Health Systems, UNICEF, 2018 – http://www.childrenandaids.org/sites/default/files/poc-toolkit/KCD_draft_English_Low-Res.pdf
- WHO State of the Art Diagnostics for Neglected Tropical Diseases. Position paper on NTD diagnostics, WHO/LSHTM, 2017
- UNICEF Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) Point-of-Care Testing (POCT) Toolkit. September 2016
- WHO Guidelines on Hepatitis B and C Testing. March 2016.
- Technical and Operational Considerations for Implementing HIV Viral Load Testing. July 2014 Interim Technical Update. Access To HIV Diagnostics. World Health Organization (WHO), African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM), US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The Global Fund To Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM), U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Maintaining HIV Early Infant Diagnosis and Viral Load Monitoring during the COVID-19 Pandemic —
- World Health Organization Guidelines Reinforce Role of CD4 Cell Counting in Immunocompromised Patients — https://www.beckman.com/resources/research-areas/hiv/cd4-cell-counting/cd4-cell-counting-in-immunocompromised-patients
- Opinion: Ensuring services for people with advanced HIV disease — more important than ever — https://www.devex.com/news/opinion-ensuring-services-for-people-with-advanced-hiv-disease-more-important-than-ever-97630